03 December 2007

GRIM Challenge 2007



On Saturday I successfully completed the GRIM Challenge, an 8 mile off-road race over a vehicle testing ground used by the British Army. It was wet, really wet, and on several occasions I was waist deep in cold muddy water. Surprisingly though - it was really fun - and I can't wait to do it again - well I can wait until my joints have stopped hurting. There were 1560 people running on the same day, I came 705th, with a time of 1 hour 21 minutes - which I was very pleased with. Many thanks to all of my supporters (including those who couldn't make it). I'm trying to decide what to do next, a marathon or Mont Blanc?

View the Album

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - you did well. Sorry we could not get there but we were supporting you from afar.

Anonymous said...

Well done Richard. Don't try anything too strenuous next year.
Mum.

Unknown said...

why not?

Anonymous said...

Well done Richard, what a great achievement. We would have liked to have been there.
It looked and sounded quite gruelling to me.
Whats next?
Pat.

Alun said...

Well done Scuffy, 11/10 for effort! With regards to your marathon or Mont Blanc question, I would suggest either a marathon, or a different mountain to Mont Blanc. It may be the highest mountain in Europe but by all accounts it not the most pleasant to climb, at least via the tourist route, mostly due to sheer number of people plodding up it, just to get the 'highest mountain' tick. Also the concentration of people is bad for the mountain environment thanks to all the rubbish and 'human waste' which doesn't get properly disposed of!

PS Looking forward to seeing you January!