25 February 2007

Things to do before you're 30: Task 4 COMPLETE

As previously mentioned, task four of my 'things to do before you're 30' was to spend a maximum of £5 on an outfit to wear at Jake's house warming party. I had a good look around Kenilworth charity shops on Saturday afternoon, and I was struggling to find clothes cheap enough. That was until I stepped into the 'Cat's Protection League'. I knew I had struck gold when I saw a perfect pair of brown cords (every charity shop's flagship product) for £2. After trying on a few different tops, I settled on a long sleeve t-shirt for just £1.50. That left me a whole £1.50 under budget, so I decided to accessorise. I found a fantastic scarf and belt for just 50 pence each, the perfect additions to my great new look. So I went to the party in my £4.50 outfit, and nobody said a word. Task four accomplished.





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The smartest you have looked since you left uni!

Ann said...

Scott used to have a belt like that.

Congratulations! I knew you could do it.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you must have been the most handsome man at the party.

Heather and Josh said...

Any flea bites? That place scares me.

Unknown said...

I didn't notice any bites, but Jake and Emy's cat didn't come anywhere near me at the party.

Hev said...

What happened to the pants and shoes!!

Great outfit, it does not even look second hand!

Unknown said...

Sadly charity shops don't seem to sell pants, so I substituted a pair of my own. The shoes started at £5, which on their own, wouldn't have made a great outfit.

Ann said...

Okay, translate please: when you mentioned "cords," I assume you were referring to trousers....& that pants are underpants??

Unknown said...

you're correct

cords = trousers
pants = underwear

Hev said...

OK as I set a loe budget I will let you off, espically as you came in under budget.

So I wonder what happens to all the second hand pants?

Unknown said...

They all go to heaven.