08 July 2007

Drayton Manor Park



Yesterday we decided to make ourselves feel dizzy and sick by going to Drayton Manor Park. The highlight of the day was 'shockwave', the UK's only 'stand up' roller coaster. It was one of those strange experiences where you think: 'why on earth did I agree to go on this ride' whilst you're slowly climbing up the first slope. For the rest of the ride you realise it was in-fact the most stupid mistake of your life. But by the time you get off, you think its brilliant and can't wait to get on again.

View the album

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one experience I will do without. I learned my lesson on the pirate ship with you and Heather!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of that except the last sentence about wanting to get back on again. I too learnt my lesson in Hong Kong - do you remember the thing that lifts you up to a great height and then drops you?

Anonymous said...

Did you turn green, like after the Hulk?

Unknown said...

That hulk ride was simultaneously the best and worst experience of my life.

However, I was probably already that shade of green before I got on the Drayton roller coaster.

Anonymous said...

I really want to go on this as my school is going in 3 weeks. My friend is trying to make me go on maelstrom but im too scared-it it-aarrgghhhh! Shall I go on?? Is it fun or just real scaryyy ??
luvs ya x
Jen n Ell CHS yr 10