30 October 2007

Esbjörn Svensson Trio Live



Last week Clare and I went to Warwick Arts Centre to watch E.S.T. play live. The Swedish three piece played an awesome jazz set, I particularly like the way they mixed traditional grand piano, double bass and drums with modern effects units, such as delay, overdrive and phaser, to achieve some brilliant 'soundscapes' (for want of a less poncy word).

Anyway, the video above is from another concert, but if you get the chance to see them live, I recommend it.

http://www.myspace.com/esbjornsvenssontrio

7 comments:

Heather and Josh said...

Reminds me of that guy on Snoopy who always played the piano. Did you have that cartoon in the UK? Of course this is so much more cultured. I think. I'm not really one to tell...

Anonymous said...

Funny! We did indeed have snoopy, i had a snoopy lunchbox for school - big fan. Also, a big thanks to you guys as the evening out was courtesy of your gift! xxx

Clare

Unknown said...

Linus? Was he the piano player?

I had a snoopy jumper at primary school knitted by my mum - nice!

Jake Stacey said...

I was really gutted about this - I found out only the day it was on, when I had a work thing in the evening.

Sounds like it was a great gig!

Unknown said...

Sorry Jake - I should have given you a call...

Unknown said...

In fact it was Schroeder who played the piano:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schroeder_%28Peanuts%29

Anonymous said...

You beat me, I was going to tell you it was Schroeder.